Monday 2 December 2013

TEAC


Teac are known for their excellent tape decks and multi tracks and they offered some great tapes over the years. Sadly these are the only ones I have, but don't worry, I have a few of each!

MX 60 (Type I)
Full Metal Flanges
These are the coolest tapes ever visually. Those brushed aluminum flanges are great!
These go for a high price today, especially if unopened. This one seems to be
from the mid 80s

Sound 52X (Type I)
Gold Flanges!
This is a 52 minute tape from Teac from the late 80s. Teac were making tapes like
this throughout the 80s in all grades. I actually found this tape once upon a time while traveling. Those gold flanges are a knockout!

MDX 60 (Type IV)
High End Metal Monster!
I bought a lot of these between 1990 and 1993 whenever I could find them. The sound is extraordinary and the quality is second to none. I found this tape liked Dolby C and once encoded, sounded great in playback cranked up loud. A great Type IV tape indeed.
I even heard a rumour that these were loaded with Maxell MX tape for Teac!

MDX 46 (Type IV)
The 46 minute companion!
A shorter length ideal for 23 min a side LPs!

CDX 60 (Type I)
A cheap Teac from the mid 90s
Teac bog standard!

MDX 60 (Type IV)
Under wraps!
This is the arty wrapper the MDX came in!





No comments:

Post a Comment