Tuesday 3 December 2013

BASF

This German manufacturer made some super chrome tapes over the years.

Reference Maxima TP II 90 (Type II)
The meanest BASF tape of 'em all!
This has a very serious name indeed. Just say it, Reference Maxima TP II.
It sounds like something from the Roman Empire and it sounds Gargantian!  

Chrome Maxima II 90 (Type II)
A top class Type II
These sound excellent, with clear treble and solid bass.
A great tape with good construction.

Chrome Maxima II 90 (Type II)
A top class Type II in CD taping guise!
The lettering on the hubs is a good enough reason to buy this beast!

Chrome Extra II 90 (Type II)
Good solid Type II
These always looked a little boring to me but the quality is good
and the sound great.

CR-M II 90 (Type II)
Great tape with clear sound.
These amazed me when I first heard one. The sound was crystal clear
and the build again is top class.

Ferro Extra I (Type I)
Good solid Type I
This was an above average Ferro tape.

Chrome Extra II 90(Type II)
Great tape with 90s clear shell.
Great sounding tape but the shell is a let down.

Ferro Extra I 90 (Type I)
Early 90s Type I
A Ferro that came in multipacks for extra value!

Ferro Extra I 90 (Type I)
Early 90s Standard Tape.
This one has 'Fantastic Sound' written on it!

Sound I 90 (Type I)
Normal position with 90s clear shell.
A lot of manufacturers did this. The normal was called '1'
and the Chrome '11'. Simple!

Sound II 60 (Type II)
High position with 90s clear shell.
Chrome takes a cheaper look.

Record 90 (Type II)
A Bling Cassette!
Just look at this, gold on the shell and mother of pearl
on the hubs! Now that's a seriously tasty tape!

Chrome Super II 90 (Type II)
Good old BASF Chrome from the early 90s.
I didn't like the style of these back then but now I think they are ubercool!

CR-E 90 (Type II)
High position from mid 80s.
A legendary true Chrome tape!

LH Extra I 90 (Type I)
The tape with the serious label!
This dates back to the early 80s and if there was ever a typical tape you would
find amid the shattered glass of old scrapped cars in a breakers yard this would be it.
Supertramp, E.L.O. or The Eagles would be written on it!

LH-EI  60 (Type I)
Mid 80s rugged BASF reliability!
This is a good standard Type one that people still hunt today.


Ferro Super LH-I 60 (Type I)
Early 80s Superferric
This is a great sounding cassette that gives a big bottom
end and nice detailed treble. 

LH-EI 60 (Type I)
BASF Superferric in 1986
No nonsense sturdy build and quality.

 Chrome Super II (Type I)
The rugged Type II from 1988
Built like a brick Shithouse!

LH-MI 90 (Type I)
The Maxima Superferric!
Golf lettering on red is always good!


LH C 60 (Type I)
An orange classic!
This dates back to the early 70s and that orange is really cool!

LH C 120 (Type I)
Rhapsody in Blue!
This also dates back to the early 70s.

LH 90 (Type I)
The green machine from the mid 70s!
The windows are so narrow it's hard to see whats going on!

LH Super SM 90 (Type I)
The SM kid!
I love the way it says SM 'Special Mechanism' on the label.
Maybe it was special way back then!

LH 120 (Type I)
The long runner from the mid 70s!
I don't think I have ever used a 120 to be honest.
They are of novelty value.

Chrome Super II 90 (Type II)
Safe and sealed CrO2 from BASF.
Under wraps this cassette has a lot to hide!

Sound II 90 (Type II)
Chrome Dioxide conveniently becomes CD!
This one is sealed for over 20 years!















No comments:

Post a Comment