Sunday 9 March 2014

PORTABLES

GHETTOBLASTIN!

Today portable means another thing altogether when it comes to sound, but back in the 80s you had a personal cassette player with headphones or a Ghettoblaster or Boom Box as they were known. They ate batteries but were the in thing!

Goldstar TSW 542 Radio / Double Cassette
This double deck was given to me recently and must be ancient! The play button for the playback deck is damaged so this will not work. The record deck works fine.

Sharp QT12 Radio Cassette
This was also given to me. I dismissed it at first thinking it was a bit too girly and it was left in a garden shed for a few years. I dug it out recently and gave it a good clean. The FM radio is superb and the tape deck works like clockwork!

JVC RC W-40 Radio / Double Cassette
This I picked up in a junk shop and there is no sign of life in it. I will open it up and examine it to see if I can get it going. If that fails I will keep it as an audio ornament as I like the colour!





No comments:

Post a Comment