Friday 6 December 2013

MEMOREX

Silicon Valley's Tape producer.
"Is it live or is it Memorex?" Remember that slogan in the old days?

MRX2 Oxide 90 (Type I)
A Vintage Memorex from the mid 70s!
Memorex'x finest cassette for use on all equipment it boasted!
This came in a nasty box that resembled a clapper board!

Sound Invasion 90 (Type I)
Space is the place!
When I saw this in the mid 90s I had to have it. The graphic is so out of this world!

CRS4+ 90 (Type II)
Ugly looking tape!
Is it me or is this one of the blandest, ugliest designs from
a mid 90s cassette?

DB 60 (Type I)
The tape with the pulse!
Another mid 90s Type I from memorex with fancy graphics.

DB 60 (Type I)
The old standard.
There was a rumour that Agfa made these at some stage!

DBS1 90 (Type I)
The colourful clown of cassettes from early 90s!
These were a bit novel indeed, bog standard but visually circus bright!

DBS1 90 (Type I)
Circus act cassette!
Looks like the one above but it has different Denon style hubs and
an different shell moulding!

CRX II (Type II)
A Flashy Type II from Memorex.
Memorex boasted about being great, they really were not that great!

MRX 1S 90 (Type I)
Boring old basic Memorex all wrapped up.
Bog standard tape from mid 90s.










No comments:

Post a Comment